I will be joining Google DeepMind in February 2015 as a Research Scientist.
Full Curriculum Vitae
Last updated 05 Apr 2014: PDF.
Consensus Message Passing for Layered Graphical Models
Just-In-Time Learning for Fast and Flexible Inference Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS), Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
The Pascal Visual Object Classes Challenge — a Retrospective International Journal of Computer Vision (IJCV), Springer.
Assessing the Significance of Performance Differences on the PASCAL VOC Challenges via Bootstrapping Technical note.
The Shape Boltzmann Machine: a Strong Model of Object Shape International Journal of Computer Vision (IJCV), Springer. CVPR special issue.
A Generative Model for Parts-based Object Segmentation Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS), Lake Tahoe, California, USA.
The Shape Boltzmann Machine: a Strong Model of Object Shape Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), Rhode Island, USA. Oral presentation.
Factored Shapes and Appearances for Parts-based Object Understanding British Machine Vision Conference (BMVC), Dundee, UK. Oral presentation.
Generative Probabilistic Models for Object Segmentation The University of Edinburgh, PhD thesis.
Evolving Robust Control Strategies for Simulated Animats The University of Edinburgh, BEng dissertation.
Boltzmann Machines and their Extensions
- Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, UK (March 2013)
Generative Models of Images of Objects
- Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran (January 2013)
- Redwood Institute at the University of California at Berkeley, USA (December 2012)
- Bosch Research and Technology North America, Palo Alto, USA (December 2012)
- Toyota Technological Institute, University of Chicago, Chicago, USA (June 2012)
- New York University, New York, USA (June 2012)
The Shape Boltzmann Machine: a Strong Model of Object Shape
- Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), Providence, USA (June 2012)
- Rank Prize Symposium on Machine Learning and Vision, Windermere, UK (March 2012)
Factored Shapes and Appearances for Parts-based Object Understanding
- British Machine Vision Conference, Dundee, UK (August 2011)
- ACM Seminar, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran (September 2011)
Hierarchical Probabilistic Models for Object Segmentation
- CIFAR Summer School, Neural Computation and Adaptive Perception, Toronto, Canada (August 2010)
High Dynamic Range Lighting on the Xbox 360
- TechMeetup, Edinburgh, UK (April 2010)